Chrome Countertop Superior Water Filter A great water filter value, designed for Chlorine treated city water supplies - provides excellent filtration of up to 2500 gallons at an affordable price. All components are NSF certified for safe water filtration usage. Outstanding performance is achieved by using a replaceable 1 micron Matrikx Pb-1 Solid Carbon Block filter cartridge OR the optional Fluoride, Chloramine and Arsenic reduction cartridge. The Matrikx cartridge removes particulates as small as 1 micron and filters Chlorine taste and odor, Lead, VOC's, Cysts, Giardia, Pharmaceuticals, Pesticides, Chemicals, sediment, rust, and particulate matter for sweet, clear, great-tasting water. The specs for the optional carbon block cartridge are below, while not as good on Cysts and Giardia, it does add Fluoride, Chloramine and Arsenic
The long-lasting replaceable water filter cartridges (pre-installed), our WR001 and AVAILABLE SOON, the Optional Fluoride, Chloramine, Arsenic cartridge, the WRFLAR cartridge. Follow the link for a further description of these replacement cartridges and capabilities. Provides 1,000 to 2,500 Gallons of great- tasting, crystal clear water. That`s about 3 cents/gallon
without lugging bottles around! We recommend annual replacement of
the water filter cartridge. Due to the nature of a diverter valve and
the natural minerals in water, a few drops of vegetable oil on the slide
every so often will help keep it functional.
Additional Specifications for the standard carbon block:
- Solid Extruded Activated Carbon Block Filter
- Lead Reduction: 2,500 gallons at 0.75 GPM
- Cyst Reduction: Giardia, Cryptosporidium Class 1
- Turbidity Reduction based on NSF 53
- Outstanding Chlorine, Taste and Odor Reduction for up to 6,000 gallons.
- Heavy Metal Reduction: Reduces soluble Lead and other heavy metals, i.e. Mercury, using an
ion-exchange filter medium with high specificity for soluble lead.
Advanced particulate filtration is used to intercept insoluble lead-containing
- Chemical Adsorption: Reduces Volatile Organic Chemical contaminants
including chlorine, fertilizers, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other compounds that
contribute to health, taste and odor.
- Particulate, Cyst and Turbidity Reduction: Meets NSF Standard 53 for reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma. Filters provide > 99.98% reduction of 3-4 micron particulates,
> 99.96% reduction of 1-2 µ particulates, and are high performance
sediment filters with extended life. Extruded activated carbon filters provide
several times greater life than traditional molded carbon or granular carbon filters
- Made in the U.S.A.
There will be an Optional Carbon Block Cartridge with slightly different specs, (available 01/22/2015) adds Fluoride, Chloramine and Arsenic reduction for up to 1,000 gallons.
Contaminant Removals for the Optional Carbon Block:
- Pathogenic bacteria - Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Fecal Coliform, E. Coli >99.9999%
- Cysts - Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia - 100%
- Sediment - 100% absolute to .5 micron
- Turbidity >99.7%
- Aluminum >98%
- Arsenic (III,V) >95%
- Chloramines - >99% ANSI Standard 42 - Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine - >99% (Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter)
- Chromium (III,VI)
- Fluoride (hydrofluorosilicic acid, sodium fluorosilicate) >85%
- Glyphosate - >99.9%
- Herbicides - >99%
- Iron - >98%
- Lead - >99%
- Mercury - >98%
- Nickel - >98%
- Nitrates - >92%
- Zinc - >98%
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) >98%
- MTBE - 97%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds - Acetaminophen, Progesterone, Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium - >95%
Features a cleanable ceramic exterior (use a kitchen scrub sponge with the green mesh) for longer life.
FREE Stainless Steel Water Bottle with every purchase!
quickly and easily to your existing kitchen faucet. Installation
Instructions included. Measures: 4-1/2"D x 11-1/2"high.
Important Notice: Countertop units will not connect to pull out faucets. If your main faucet is a pull out faucet you will need an undercounter water filter unit.
The spout may allow a short-lived trickle of water after it is shut
off. This is normal operation and allows pressure to be released from
the unit after use.
Limited 1 year warranty on parts.
Instructions for Use and Installation of the WRFLAR filter cartridge.