Maytag®: UKF8001, UKF8001AXX, UKF9001, UKF9001AXX, 12589201, 67003591, 12589203, 67003727, 12589206, 2589208, 13040210, 67002671, 67003526, 67006464, 67006467, 67006474, 67006633, 67006637
Kenmore®/Sears®: 46-9006, 469006, 9992, 9006, 46-9992, 469992, 4609992000, 4609006000.
How To Install The EFF-6007A compatible with Maytag UKF8001A Filter:
The water filter cartridge is typically located in the back upper right corner of the refrigerator compartment. Release filter cover either by pushing button or pulling forward (depending on type of cover). The filter cover will hang down at an angle. The filter cartridge should be replaced when water change indicator says it's time to replace the filter or if the flow of water to the dispenser or icemaker decreases. For refrigerators without a filter change indicator, replace the filter every 6 months.
- We recommend immersing the EcoAqua 6007A for 10-15 minutes prior to installing to remove excess air
- Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning counter-clockwise until the filter is released from the filter head (approximately 1/4 turn)
- Insert filter into the compartment pushing until it stops
- Rotate the filter clockwise firmly approximately 1/4 turn until it stops.
- Dispense water through the water dispenser for 2 minutes or until the water becomes clear. This will activate the system while clearing any trapped air in the water line
- We recommend pre-soaking the filter in water for 10-15 minutes to help remove excess air and pre-condition the filter
- During initial use allow about a 1-2 minute delay in water dispersal to allow internal water tank to fill
- Reset water filter change notification by following instructions in owners manual
- Replace filter every 6 months