Whirlpool 4396508 Compatible Refrigerator Filter In our continuing effort to be an environmentally sustainable company, we have added the only line of Refrigerator Filter replacement water filters that we've found with the same environmental sensibilities. Swift Green Filters are made in Canada and their manufacturing process is unique in the industry. The use of coconut shell carbon creates a more effective filtration media and also makes the water taste sweeter than refrigerator filters made from coal-based carbon. The pricing is slightly higher than coal-based carbon fridge filters, but the environmental and taste aspects, we feel justify the slight additional costs. The
Swift Green Filter SGF-W80 meets NSF standard 42 for contaminant
reduction. Independent lab testing by the Water Quality Association for the Swift SGF-W80 filter shows
that it reduces more contaminants than the original equipment Whirlpool 4396508.
This Swift Green Green Filter fits Samsung Refrigerators with a long, round filter, see list below.
Swift Green SGF-W80 Refrigerator Filters Contaminant Removal:
- Compatible with any refrigerator that uses the Whirlpool 4396508 refrigerator filter
- Tested and Certified by the Water Quality Association to NSF Standard 42
- Coconut carbon filter improves the taste and quality of drinking water
- Production of the coconut carbon media releases fewer greenhouse gases than conventional carbon based filters
Swift Green SGF-W80 Refrigerator Filter Specs:
- Chlorine, Taste and Odor Reduction: 95%
- Lead Reduction: 95%
- Cysts Reduction: 99%
- Turbidity Reduction: 95%
- Asbestos Reduction: 95%
- Atrazine Reduction: 95%
- Alachlor Reduction: 95%
- Lindane Reduction: 95%
- 2, 4-D Reduction: 95%
- Mercury Reduction: 95%
- Toxaphene Reduction: 95%
- P-Dichlorobenzene Reduction: 95%
- Benzene Reduction: 95%
The Swift Green SGF-W80 water filter cartridge replaces the following filter part numbers:
- Max. Operating Temp.: 38 degrees Celsius / 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Min. Operating Temp.: 0.6 degrees Celsius / 33 degrees Fahrenheit
- Max. Working Pressure: 689 kPa / 100 PSI
- Min. Working Pressure: 140 kPa / 20 PSI
- Rated Capacity: 1137 liters / 300 gallons
- Flow Rate: 1.9 lpm / 0.5 gpm
- Filter Life: 6 months
Whirlpool Water Filters:
4396508P, 4392857, 4392857R, 4392922 4396918, 4396562, 4396563,
4396501, 4396508, 4396510, 4396510P 2200203, 2203220, 2203980, 2255520
2305766, 2305767, 2305768 2255518, 2186444, 4396509
WFNL240V, NL240V WF-NL240, WFNL240, NL240 WF-NL300, WFNL300, NL300
WF-L400V, WFL400V, L400V WF-L400, WFL400, L400
WF-LC400V, WFLC400V, LC400V, WF-LC400 , WFLC400, LC400, WF-LC500, WFLC500, LC500. WF-L500, WFL500, L500, WF-300BR WFNL250, NL250
WF-NL250V, WFNL250V, NL25, ED5NHAXNT01
Kenmore Sears: 6-9010, 46-9908, 46-9902, 9010P, 9908, 9908P, 9902, 9902P
0460901000, 04609902000, 04609908000, 469902, 2203980
KitchenAid Water Filters:
4396548, 4396509, 4396918, 4396547, 4396163, 4396509, 4396509P
2203221, 2255709, 4396164, 4396919
Thermador: 491849 Brita: WPRF-100
How To Install The Whirlpool Filter:
1. Locate the filter beneath the freezer door in the front base grill.
2. Rotate the cap counter clock wise ¼ turn. Note: there may be some water in the
filter and some spilling may occur.
3. Pull the filter cartridge out.
4. Remove the cartridge grill cap by sliding it off the end of the used filter.
5. Remove the red shipping cap from the new filter.
6. Slide the grill cap onto the new filter end.
With new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter cartridge into
the base grill.
8. Rotation the cap clockwise ¼ turn to a horizontal position
Reduce water spurts by flushing air from the system. Run water continuously
for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) through the dispenser until water runs
steady. Additional flushing may be required in some households where water is of poor quality.
Replaces Water Sentinel - WSW-1 and Aqua Fresh - WF285