Blueair 650E Air Purifier with HepaSilent or SmokeStop Carbon Filter Air Purifiers
Consumer Reports ranks Blueair 503 and 650E as 2 of the top 3 Air Purifiers in their most recent testing.
The Blueair 650E air purifier with HEPASilent™ Filters effectively removes indoor air pollutants from the air you breathe. This new electronic air purification system gives you the power to manage your indoor air quality with a handy remote control and digital display. Use Coupon Code "aten" and save 10% on your air purifier purchases, except IQAir.
Ideal for use in rooms that up to 698 square feet in size, the Blueair 650E HEPASilent™ Filter effectively removes 99.97% of all particles 0.1 micron or larger in size from the air, including mold spores, pet dander, dust mites and pollen.
Blueair 650E with SmokeStop Filters is the perfect choice for allergy sufferers and other health-conscious individuals that need high-efficiency particle removal, but also require gas and odor control. The SmokeStop filter is a progressive carbon filter with a honeycomb-type structure that improves airflow and has hundreds of odor and gas absorbing carbon pellets. The filter contains 2.0 lbs of coconut shell activated carbon impregnated with a 70/30 blend of Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) and Potassium Iodide (KI). The carbon eliminates volatile organic compounds (VOC), which are responsible for odors.
The SmokeStop filter is recommended for use in rooms where heavy gaseous pollutants such as cigarette and cigar smoke or other VOC's are present.
Digital Display Function and Remote Control
The 650E comes with an easy-to-use remote control that operates all functions from a distance of up to 20 feet. A digital display system on the unit provides instant feedback of particle detection, air purifier speed and timer operation.
Features three-stage air filtration. Blueair’s patented HEPASilent™ filtration technology combines mechanical and electrostatic filtration to remove 99.97% of airborne contaminants. HEPASilent™ technology moves particles through an enclosed ion chamber, which places a charge to the particle itself. These charged particles cling more easily to the filter media, resulting in higher filter efficiency overall.
Because most electrostatic air cleaners charge the filter media itself, the charge dissipates over time and renders the filter less efficient. By constantly charging incoming particles, instead of the filter, HEPASilent™ technology keeps on working effectively and reliably.
Blueair is designed, engineered and built for people who expect the very best and don`t want to compromise on health, design or function. The Blueair system housing is made of galvanized steel, rather than less durable plastic.
The fan and blower are manufactured by EBM, a maker of telecom and medical equipment. Blueair systems offer an exceptionally long product life and carry a 5-year limited warranty.
Low Energy Cost -As an Energy Start qualified product, the Blueair 650E uses up to 35% less energy to operate than comparable units. In fact, it costs about the same to clean the air in your home as it does to power a single lightbulb: only 07 watts on low to 120 watts on high.
Blueair products offer exceptional performance without polluting the environment. Blueair filters are made of safe, nontoxic polypropylene. This revolutionary filter media is one of the least harmful plastics, producing only carbon dioxide and water as it decomposes. Because polypropylene is waterproof, our filters naturally resist contamination from bacteria, viruses and mold, without chemical additives or washes.
Award-Winning Swedish Design
The union of visually pleasing form and effective function is a hallmark of Swedish design, and Blueair is no exception. Its sleek contemporary look has earned Blueair one of the most prestigious design awards in Scandinavia, the Excellent Swedish Design award.
Easy to Use & Quick Filter Changes
Blueair works so quietly, at first you may find yourself wondering if it`s turned on. Just check the bright blue power On light. Blueair filters require no weekly additives or filter washing. The grilles and powder-coated steel exterior are easy to wipe clean, and won`t pick up grime and oily stains the way plastics can.
When the filter needs to be replaced (every six months), just open the lid, lift out the old filters and drop the new ones in. No tools and less than one minute of your time are required. Used filters are 100% recyclable, and release no toxins into landfills or the air.
Features of the Digital Display and Remote Control:
• Programmable Timer: Allows programming ON time and OFF time in 30-minute intervals from between a half hour and 9.5 hours.
• Replace Filter Light: A built-in filter timer counts down the days over a six-month period until it’s time for filter replacement according to manufacturer recommendations. When the light-emitting diode turns red, it’s one of the two times each year that you need to change your Blueair filters.
• Electronic Particle Sensor: A built-in sensor determines whether the amount of airborne particles, such as dust, smoke and pet dander, are above or below the acceptable limit. The digital display has a happy face when particle levels are kept in check, and a sad face when the operating speed should be increased.
• Electronic Gas Sensor: A built-in sensor detects gaseous contaminants, such as smoke, exhaust fumes, formaldehyde and other volatile organic compounds as well as the usual cooking odors. A happy face on the digital display means that your Blueair unit is maintaining od indoor air quality by reducing gaseous contaminants to low levels. A sad face means that you should turn up the operating speed to restore od indoor air quality.
• Auto Mode: Allows the electronic gas and particle sensors to automatically adjust the operating speed according to the level of airborne particles and gaseous compounds.
Blue Air 650E Specifications:
- Dimensions: 26"H x 20"W x 13"D
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Room size: 698 square feet
- Power usage: 35 to 120 watts (depending on speed setting)
- CADR (clean air delivery rate): Smoke 400, Dust 450, Pollen 450
- Airflow rate: 88 to 490 cubic feet per minute
- Noise level: 32 to 68 dBa
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Owners Manual
- E Series Settings