1. We recommend immersing the EcoAqua 6013A for 10-15 minutes prior to installing to remove excess air
Note: Filter must be pushed firmly into receiver and turned until filter is locked in place. If filter is not locked correctly, water will not flow.
2. DO NOT use any tools to install this filter
3. Twist the old filter a quarter-turn counterclockwise
4. Pull the filter straight down and discard (don't worry, the water will shut off automatically)
5. Fill the new filter with water to help displace air in the filter (you can use the cold water faucet on your kitchen sink)
6. Push the new filter up into the fridge until it stops
7. Twist the filter about a half-turn clockwise
8. Reset your change filter light (if your fridge has one)
9. Flush filter with 3-4 gallons of with water until water runs clear. Some gurgling noise is not uncommon as air is purged from the system.