BestFilters Under Sink Water Filter with choice of Filter Cartridges
Use code "wten" and save 10% off all water filter purchases!
A great water filter value, with multiple filter cartridge choices for Chlorine, Chloramine and/or Fluoride treated city water supplies - provides excellent filtration for up to 2500 gallons or more at an affordable price. All components are manufactured with NSF certified materials for safe water filtration usage. Outstanding performance is achieved by using the standard replaceable 1.0 micron Matrikx Solid Carbon Block filter cartridge OR the optional Fluoride, Chlorine, Chloramine, Lead, MTBE and Arsenic reduction cartridges. Comes complete with all fittings, tubing, mounting bracket for easy installation.
The Standard Carbon Block: 1 Micron Solid Coconut Shell Extruded Carbon Block 1 Micron Carbon Block cartridge removes particulates as small as 1 micron and filters Chlorine taste and odor, Lead, VOC's, Cysts, Giardia, Pharmaceuticals, Pesticides, Chemicals, Sediment, Rust, and particulate matter for sweet, clear, great-tasting water. Long-lasting, 2,500 gallons of pure, filtered water.
The Option A: The AquaMetix cartridge is for municipal water and also removes Chlorine taste and odor, Lead, VOC's, Cysts, Giardia, Pharmaceuticals, Pesticides, Chemicals, Sediment, Rust, and additionally reduces Fluoride and Chloramine. 1,000 to 3,500 gallon use depending on contaminant.
The Option B: combines a Ceramic shell with an extruded Carbon Block, the CeraMetix cartridge adds Bacteria and Pathogen reduction, if desired. Most municipal water supplies do a pretty good job of eliminating pathogens. This cartridge does require some maintenance (periodic scrubbing of outer Ceramic Shell with a kitchen scrub sponge). This Optional Ceramic/Carbon Block Fluoride, Chloramine, Arsenic cartridge, is not pre-installed (we find it ships better if it's not pre-installed, but installation only takes 5 minutes and is very simple, you'll need to know how anyway whenever you change filters.)
Depending upon cartridge choice, provides 600 to 2,500 Gallons of great- tasting, crystal clear water. That`s about 3-5 cents/gallon without lugging bottles around! We recommend annual or semi-annual replacement of the water filter cartridge.
Specifications for the Standard Carbon Block (1 Micron Solid Carbon Block) for municipal water supplies treated with Chlorine and no added Fluoride:
- Solid Extruded Coconut Shell Activated Carbon Block Filter, NSF/ANSI Certified materials
- 1 Micron Nominal Filtration
- Recommended Annual Filter Change
- Chlorine Reduction: 6,000 gallons at 0.75 GPM
- Lead Reduction: 2,500 gallons at 0.75 GPM
- Cyst Reduction: Giardia, Cryptosporidium Class 1
- Turbidity Reduction based on NSF 53
- Outstanding Chlorine, Taste and Odor Reduction for up to 6,000 gallons.
- Heavy Metal Reduction: Reduces soluble Lead and other heavy metals, using an
ion-exchange filter medium with high specificity for soluble lead.
Advanced particulate filtration is used to intercept insoluble lead-containing
- Chemical Adsorption: Reduces Volatile Organic Chemical contaminants
including Chlorine, fertilizers, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other compounds that
contribute to health, taste and odor.
- Particulate, Cyst and Turbidity Reduction: Meets NSF Standard 53 for reduction of Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma. Filters provide > 99.98% reduction of 3-4 micron particulates,
> 99.96% reduction of 1-2 µ particulates, and are high performance
sediment filters with extended life. Extruded activated carbon filters provide
several times greater life than traditional molded carbon or granular carbon filters.
Option A: Carbon Block Cartridge (AquaMetix) for municipal water supplies treated with Chlorine or Chloramine and added Fluoride, .
- Solid Extruded Activated Carbon Block Filter, NSF Certified materials
- 2 Micron Nominal Filtration
- Recommended Semi-annual Filter Change
- Chloramine reduction >99%
- Lead reduction >99%
- Chlorine reduction >99%
- Fluoride reduction >85%
- VOC—Volatile Organic Compounds >98%
- Metals—Aluminum, Iron, Mercury, Nickel & Zinc >98%
- MTBE reduction >97%
- Arsenic reduction >95%
- Glyphosate reduction >99.9%
- Pharmaceutical compounds reduction >95%
- Nitrates reduction >92%
- Herbicides reduction >99%
- Made in the USA
- 3500 gallons for Chlorine
- 3500 gallons for Chloramines
- 2400 gallons for Lead
- We recommend replacement at 1,500 gallons or every 9 months.
Option B: Ceramic and Carbon Block Cartridge (CeraMetix) for municipal water supplies treated with Fluoride, Chlorine or Chloramine and where Lead, MTBE, Chemicals or Bacteria are of concern. This cartridge does require some maintenance (periodic scrubbing of outer Ceramic Shell with kitchen scrub sponge when the flow rate slows).
- Solid Extruded Activated Carbon Block Filter with added Ceramic Shell, NSF Certified materials
- Recommended Semi-annual Filter Change
- Pathogenic bacteria - Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Fecal Coliform, E. Coli >99.9999%
- Cysts - Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia - 100%
- 100% absolute filtration to .5 micron
- Turbidity >99.7%
- Aluminum >98%
- Arsenic (III,V) >95%
- Cadmium - >99%
- Chloramines - >99% ANSI Standard 42 - Capacity 600 gallons
- Chlorine - >99% (Will remove chlorine for the life of the filter)
- Chromium (III,VI) - .99.4%
- Copper - >99.5%
- Fluoride - >97.5%
- Glyphosate (RoundUp) - >99.9%
- Herbicides - >99%
- Iron - >98%
- Lead - >99%
- Mercury - >98%
- Nickel - >98%
- Nitrates - >92%
- Zinc - >98%
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) >98%
- MTBE - 97%
- Pharmaceutical Compounds >95%
- Made in the USA
- Features a cleanable ceramic exterior (use a kitchen scrub sponge with the green mesh) for longer life.
- Full Independent Lab Test Results
Free Stainless Steel Water Bottle with your water filter system purchase!
Instructions included. Measures: 4-1/2"D x 11-1/2"high.
Limited 1 year warranty on parts.
We highly recommend replacing the housing every 5 years as the food grade materials used in the housing manufacture may become brittle.
Undercounter Water Filter Instruction Manual
Instructions for Use and Installation of th CeraMetix filter cartridge.